I am a strong supporter of children’s health. I believe we have a duty to protect our children because they are the foundation of the future of our society. This is why I have been an active member of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation Board for the last 8 years, and the Board’s Chair for the last 4 years. One of our biggest achievements is without a doubt, to have contributed to the fundraising efforts to build a new world class hospital bringing closer together care, research and teaching. This dream has finally become a reality on May 24th, 2015 when the staff, professionals and patients of the Montreal Children’s Hospital moved to their new address on the Glen site of the McGill University Health Centre.
Among the benefits of the new hospital we find:
- World-class pediatric care installations
- 154 individual rooms to prevent the spread of infections and provide care at the patient’s bedside
- The latest equipment and technologies to diagnose quickly and treat less invasively
- Holistic approach focused on healing and playing to ensure children’s development and reduce the stress of the hospital stay
- Intensive care tailored for the specific needs of young patients
I believe that supporting philanthropic initiatives anchors a company and its employees in their community, which is why, as a long-time member of the Children’s Foundation, I am particularly proud of ESI’s contribution and our truly positive impact in our community. As an entrepreneur, I believe that creating a culture of giving is about making a positive impact through our actions, and the new Montreal Children’s Hospital is just a perfect example of this.
Greg Rokos, President of ESI
Chairman of the Board, Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation