Telephony solution architecture
Client: Media companyThis company of 2,800 employees spread over 8 sites in Quebec and Ontario wanted to rethink its telecommunication architecture in order to support IP telephony for all their sites and 300 telephone sets. The client also wanted to optimize the existing MPLS network for data, but also for voice transmission.
- PBX at end of life (EOL)
- Limited internal IT capacity
- Limited CAPEX capacity
- Pressure from shareholders to increase profitability
- Sales team dispersed across multiple geographic locations
- MPLS telecommunications network already in place
- Detailed engineering for service optimization (QoS) on the MPLS network (for internal calls)
- Assistance in the acquisition of the equipment required for the project (nomenclature, budget, etc.)
- Exclusive support for the implementation of all solutions: test plan, implementation plan, and post-implementation support
- Documentation of all deployed solutions
Consolidation of telephone lines for all sites (sharing of resources). Substantial savings: over 40% in CAPEX and 30% in OPEX. Reduction of monthly costs.