On-Demand Storage and Backup Services
Client: Université Laval Laval University was looking for a reliable, robust and easy-to-use solution for its users for multi-tiered storage. The University had already turned to data centre virtualization to serve its customers using a more efficient model. Departments, faculties, students and external organizations are clients of the services.
- Of the 48,000 students enrolled in Laval University, 20% are online students, making it the largest online French university in the world.
- The existing storage solution was obsolete in comparison to the new features available in the market. The expectation was to increase flexibility and agility in the University’s infrastructure management system.
- Partnered with the University to provide an efficient and customized on-demand cloud solution
- Identified and mitigated risks associated with transition to the solution and managed the growing needs of the customer;
- Virtualization of servers and data centres achieved by on-demand storage (multi-tiered, file, block and object);
- Robust data backups and archiving solution, for data hosted at the University and remote backups;
- Provided the efficiencies and effectiveness of the shared service model (multitenancy) in the solution.
Deployment, automated provisioning and multi-tier EMC VNX storage management (tier 1), Unity & Isilon (tiers 2 & 3) and ECS (Object tier). Deployment, automated provisioning and management of the integrated EMC Data Domain, Networker and Avamar backup solution Creation and deployment of the VMware vRealize Automation and Orchestration storage and backup self-service portal in a VMware vSphere and NSX environment 24/7 monitoring and alerting service from ESI NOC