Cloud storage and backup services
Client: Université Laval
Laval University was looking for a reliable, robust and easy-to-use solution for its users for multi-tiered storage. The University had already turned to data center virtualization to serve its customers using a more efficient model. Departments, faculties, students and external organizations are clients of the services.
- Of the 48,000 students enrolled at Laval University, 20% are online students, making it the largest French online university in the world.
- The existing storage solution was outdated compared to the new features available on the market. The goal was to increase the flexibility and agility of the university’s infrastructure management system.
- Partnered with the university to provide an efficient and customized cloud solution on demand;
- Identified and mitigated the risks associated with transitioning to the solution and managed the customer’s growing needs;
- Virtualization of servers and data centers with on-demand storage (multi-level, file, block and object);
- Robust data backup and archiving solution for both university-hosted data and remote backups;
- A solution that provides the efficiency and effectiveness of the shared service model (multi-tenancy).
Deployment, automated provisioning, and management of EMC VNX (tier 1), Isilon (tiers 2 and 3), and ECS (object tier) multi-tier storage. Deployment, automated provisioning, and management of EMC Data Domain, Networker, and Avamar integrated backup solution. Creation and deployment of VMware vRealize Automation and vRealize Orchestration storage and backup self-service portal in a VMware vSphere and NSX environment. 24/7 ESI NOC monitoring and alerting service.