On-Demand Storage and Backup Services
Client: Université Laval
Laval University was looking for a reliable, robust and easy-to-use solution for its users for multi-tiered storage. The University had already turned to data centre virtualization to serve its customers using a more efficient model. Departments, faculties, students and external organizations are clients of the services.
- Of the 48,000 students enrolled in Laval University, 20% are online students, making it the largest online French university in the world.
- The existing storage solution was obsolete in comparison to the new features available in the market. The expectation was to increase flexibility and agility in the University’s infrastructure management system.
- Partnered with the University to provide an efficient and customized on-demand cloud solution
- Identified and mitigated risks associated with transition to the solution and managed the growing needs of the customer;
- Virtualization of servers and data centres achieved by on-demand storage (multi-tiered, file, block and object);
- Robust data backups and archiving solution, for data hosted at the University and remote backups;
- Provided the efficiencies and effectiveness of the shared service model (multitenancy) in the solution.