Cloud storage and backup services
Client: Université Laval
Laval University was looking for a reliable, robust and easy-to-use solution for its users for multi-tiered storage. The University had already turned to data center virtualization to serve its customers using a more efficient model. Departments, faculties, students and external organizations are clients of the services.
- Of the 48,000 students enrolled at Laval University, 20% are online students, making it the largest French online university in the world.
- The existing storage solution was outdated compared to the new features available on the market. The goal was to increase the flexibility and agility of the university’s infrastructure management system.
- Partnered with the university to provide an efficient and customized cloud solution on demand;
- Identified and mitigated the risks associated with transitioning to the solution and managed the customer’s growing needs;
- Virtualization of servers and data centers with on-demand storage (multi-level, file, block and object);
- Robust data backup and archiving solution for both university-hosted data and remote backups;
- A solution that provides the efficiency and effectiveness of the shared service model (multi-tenancy).